Properties of sea buckthorn oil for facial skin
Sea buckthorn oil has a number of useful properties, so they are not only treated with many diseases, but also used to make cosmetics that can protect the skin from aging and give it beauty and health.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil
Sea buckthorn oil has a huge number of useful properties due to its rich composition.
It includes such substances:
- Vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy skin and hair.
- B vitamins that prevent aging and support the good functioning of the nervous system.
- Ascorbic acid, which promotes the speedy healing of wounds and burns, and also prevents the appearance of diseases of a viral and bacterial nature.
- Vitamin E, slows down aging at the cellular level.
- Vitamin K that regulates the circulatory system.
- Pectins are metabolic stabilizers.
- Organic acids.
- Tannins with bactericidal and astringent effects.
- Phytosterols and phospholipids affecting cell membranes.
- Flavonoids, strengthening capillaries.
- Cholesterol-lowering Niacin
- Folic acid, which is responsible for cell growth and preserves the integrity of DNA, which protects against the appearance of neoplasms.
- Fatty acid.
- Herbal antibiotics.
- Micro and macro elements affecting all organs and systems of the body.
The healing properties of facial oil
Sea buckthorn oil is simply indispensable for facial skin, because it has so many useful substances that help maintain its health and beauty.
- This healing agent is very useful for skin care, because it:
- heals burns, wounds, abrasions and frostbite;
- eliminates wrinkles, improving the appearance of the skin;
- removes age spots, bleaches;
- nourishes and moisturizes dry and aging skin;
- relieves peeling;
- protects from solar radiation;
- restores acid-base and lipid balance;
- prevents premature aging;
- helps to get a uniform and beautiful tan;
- effectively smoothes the surface of the skin;
- It has an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect;
- tones up;
- protects from the negative effects of the environment;
- increases elasticity and resilience;
- heals cracks on the lips and softens them;
- eliminates acne;
- regulates hormonal balance, which also directly affects the beauty and health of the skin.
Use in cosmetology
In cosmetology, this valuable oil is used very often, because its healing properties for skin and hair are difficult to overestimate. It is used for the preparation of many cosmetics, both factory-made and home-made. Even very well-known cosmetics companies include it in their products.
Did you know? Sea buckthorn is mentioned in Greek mythology as the favorite food of Pegasus, the winged mythical horse.
Sea buckthorn oil is a necessary component for the preparation of such funds:
- a variety of creams and masks suitable for skin care of any type;
- cosmetics used to restore skin after tanning;
- nourishing lip balms;
- massage oils;
- masks for whitening the skin and removing age spots;
- one of the components for aromatherapy;
- masks for strengthening hair;
- remedies for healing and protecting nails;
- nourishing oils for eyelashes.
Recipes and methods of using masks and creams
Now there are many different recipes for making masks and creams based on sea buckthorn oil at home, so it’s quite possible to make them yourself. But before that, you need to consult with a professional cosmetologist so that he helps to determine the type of your skin and select the appropriate means for caring for it.
Important! Sea buckthorn oil can not be used in cosmetology in its pure form, because the skin from this can get burned and turn orange.
During the preparation of masks, it is necessary to use only plastic or wooden utensils, because metal can react with the ingredients. Before adding oil, it is better to slightly warm the oil so that it mixes better with other components.
From age spots
To remove age spots and accelerate skin regeneration after acne and blackheads, a special mask is prepared, which includes:
- tomato puree - 3 tbsp. l .;
- sea buckthorn oil - 6 drops;
- potato starch - 3 tsp;
- wheat germ oil - 6 drops.
The resulting mixture must be applied with a thin layer to areas with age spots and left for 30 minutes.
In order to moisturize the skin of the face, neck and décolleté area, it is necessary to prepare a special nourishing mask, which includes:
- sea buckthorn oil - 1 tsp;
- egg yolk - 1 piece;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- lemon juice - 1 tsp.
All ingredients are mixed and applied in a thin layer on the skin in problem areas. Rinse off the mask 10-15 minutes after application.
Since this natural healing product helps rejuvenate the skin at the cellular level, masks based on it are very effective in combating facial wrinkles.
To prepare a cosmetic product, you must take:
- sea buckthorn oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- yellow clay - 1 tbsp. l .;
- egg yolk - 1 piece.
Mix all the ingredients and apply them on your face, neck and décolleté for half an hour, and then rinse with warm water. After that, the skin will become more elastic, its color will even out and wrinkles will be smoothed out.
From the black dots
To get rid of black dots, a mask is prepared from simple products available to everyone.
It is necessary to mix and apply the following ingredients to problem areas:
- coffee grounds - 4 tsp;
- small oatmeal - 4 tsp;
- sea buckthorn oil - 6 drops.
From bruises under the eyes
To eliminate bruising under the eyes, it is necessary to mix sea buckthorn oil with lemon juice in equal proportions. It will be enough to take 1 tsp. The mixture is applied to the skin under the eyes and washed off after 15 minutes, after which it is necessarily lubricated with a moisturizer.
From acne and acne
To obtain an excellent effect in getting rid of acne, you can make a spray based on sea buckthorn oil and apply it every day before bedtime. It not only eliminates acne and acne, but also nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
To prepare it, you need to take:
- any strong alcohol - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sea buckthorn oil - 5 drops;
- lavender essential oil - 3 drops;
- vitamin K - 3 drops;
- rose water - 100 ml.
All ingredients must be diluted in rose water and shaken well, then pour the resulting cosmetic product into a spray bottle. To get the most benefit, it is recommended to spray the spray every evening on cleansed skin.
Did you know? In Russia, sea buckthorn is called the "Siberian pineapple" for its juiciness and original taste of berries.
For skin whitening
To prepare a mask that can effectively whiten the skin of the face, you need to take and mix the following ingredients:
- finely chopped green parsley - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sea buckthorn oil - 1 tsp;
- sour cream of high fat content - half a cup.
With the regular use of such a tool for at least a month, you will see the result - the complexion will become lighter and more even.
To cleanse the face and make it smooth, you can use a homemade scrub. The product is rubbed into the skin with massage movements, and after 10 minutes it is washed off with warm water. This procedure is great for cleansing and preparing for applying moisturizing masks.
It consists of:
- oatmeal, pre-softened in 4 tbsp. hot milk - 50 g;
- sea buckthorn oil - 1 tsp.
Precautions and contraindications
Since sea buckthorn oil is a medicine, you can not use it uncontrollably, even if it is just an external use. In any case, you must first consult a doctor, and then begin treatment.
Important! Sea buckthorn masks can be made no more than once a week, because they can cause the appearance of orange spots.
Sea buckthorn oil, being a completely natural remedy, also of plant origin, may cause allergies therefore, it is necessary to do a test for sensitivity to this drug. To do this, a few drops are applied to the wrist.
Then you need to wait 15 minutes and check whether redness, peeling or itching has appeared at the site of application. If any negative reaction is not observed, you can use this tool for the treatment and prevention of diseases, as well as for cosmetic purposes. But, of course, there are limitations for taking sea buckthorn oil.
- It can not be used in such cases:
- during pregnancy;
- when breastfeeding;
- until the age of 12 years;
- with cholecystitis and hepatitis;
- during diarrhea;
- with diseases of the pancreas, gall bladder and liver;
- while taking anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents;
- with individual intolerance.
This medicine must be stored correctly: in a bottle of dark glass, at a temperature of no higher than + 15 ° C. An open bottle is stored only in the refrigerator, and its contents should be used as soon as possible, because the healing properties are becoming weaker every day.
Sea buckthorn oil has many properties, thanks to which it has become a truly useful medicinal and cosmetic product. To obtain the desired effect, you need to properly prepare and use cosmetics based on it, fulfilling all the conditions and adhering to the recommendations.