What can be done from green pine cones - healing properties
Young cones (buds) appear on pine branches in the spring and have a lot of useful properties, which is why traditional medicine recommends using them for the treatment and prevention of various diseases. Read more about the useful composition, medicinal properties and the rules for the preparation of this product, the best recipes for folk remedies from green pine buds, as well as the features of their use, are later in the article.
The composition of the nutrients of the green cone
The green pine cones contain a large number of useful substances necessary for the human body. This allows you to use the product at home, preparing traditional medicines from it for the treatment and prevention of many diseases.
The composition of raw materials includes such components:
- vitamins A, B, C, K;
- essential oils;
- fixed oils;
- The product brings great health benefits to human health:
- helps to eliminate the inflammatory process;
- enhances immunity, enriching the body with vitamins;
- promotes the separation of sputum when coughing;
- supports the body during colds, contributing to recovery;
- improves blood circulation;
- improves vision;
- strengthens blood vessels;
- has a diuretic effect;
- helps get rid of edema;
- helps strengthen the heart muscle;
- effectively eliminates anemia;
- helps fight insomnia;
- normalizes the functioning of the nervous system and the brain;
- helps with joint diseases;
- improves metabolism, stimulating the work of all organs of the digestive system;
- eliminates violations in the reproductive system;
- prevents the formation of cancer cells;
- helps to eliminate toxins.
How, where and when to collect
For treatment purposes, only young coniferous buds with a green color can be used. They are collected in the forest, following these recommendations:
- the best time to harvest raw materials is from late May to early June;
- it is most convenient to pluck kidneys from young pines about 30 years old;
- taking raw materials is recommended only from a healthy tree that is not damaged by diseases and pests;
- the bump should be without damage - while its scales are firmly pressed against each other;
- to collect the product only in environmentally friendly areas located away from industrial enterprises and highways;
- for medicinal purposes, dense green cones are plentifully coated with resin;
- the product is recommended to be torn off at dawn - in the morning hours it contains the maximum amount of juice;
- kidneys of any size are suitable for use, but they should all be easily cut with a knife.
Recipes and their medicinal properties
Green pine buds are often the main ingredient for various healing broths, tinctures, medicinal tea and syrup. Aromatic jam is also brewed from this product, which can be an excellent source of vitamins. The preparation of all of the listed drugs is not difficult and requires a minimum of time, but they need to be consumed in a limited amount, observing the indicated dosages.
Important! In order not to get your hands dirty with sticky resin, it is recommended to wear gloves when collecting pine cones.
For the treatment of atherosclerosis and digestive disorders, you can use a healing decoction of young pine cones. It effectively fights high cholesterol and helps with stomach problems.
The recipe for the broth is as follows:
- Rinse the green cones, cleaning them of adhering debris (about ⅓ liter can of product is required).
- Put the whole kidneys in a pot, add 1 liter of water there. Install the container on the stove.
- Boil the mass after boiling for about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove, covering the broth with a lid.
- Insist remedy for 1 hour. Strain the drink, add 1 tsp. honey.
The drug is drunk once a day for 3-4 sips. It is recommended to take it in the morning, and the duration of the course of treatment is determined individually.
From green pine cones, you can make sweet jam, which contains vitamins and nutrients. It can be eaten 1-2 hours a day with tea for the treatment of many diseases, as well as for the general strengthening of the body.
Important! You can not eat a day more than 2 tbsp. jam from pine cones - this can cause impaired kidney function.
One of the recipes for making a sweet treat is presented below:
- Rinse 2 kg of green buds, put them in a pan. Add 2 L of water.
- Put the pan on the stove, boil the mass. Simmer it for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the hot mass, do not discard the boiled cones. Pour 2 tbsp. the resulting broth in a separate container. Add 1 kg of sugar there.
- Put the pan with the sugar mass on the fire. Cook sweet syrup.
- Add previously boiled pine buds to the syrup. Boil the mixture for another 30 minutes over low heat, constantly stirring the jam.
- When the kidneys become soft, remove the finished treat from the stove. Leave the mixture to cool at room temperature. Fill clean jars with jam, cover with lids and put in the refrigerator.
Video: Pine cone jam
For the treatment of colds, anemia and lowering high blood pressure, tea from pine cones can be taken. As a prophylactic, it is used to strengthen the heart and blood vessel walls.
Did you know? The geometric figure of the cone was named after the Greek word "cone", which literally translates as "pine cone."
The recipe for fragrant tea from green pine buds is as follows:
- Rinse and remove 10–12 medium-sized cones from adhering debris. Grind them with a knife.
- Fold the pieces in a stewpan, add 1 liter of water. Put the container on the stove.
- Boil the mixture, boil the raw material for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove the stewpan from the stove, cover. Let the tea brew at room temperature for an hour, and then strain.
The prepared drink is added to a cup with ordinary tea (3-4 dessert spoons per 200 ml of liquid). The tool can be drunk 2-3 times a day until the symptoms disappear completely.
The simplest medicine in preparation from green pine cones is tincture. Such a remedy can be used to strengthen the body and fight colds. Tincture can be prepared on a water and alcohol basis, but in the second case it can not be given to children.
On the water
For the treatment of coughs during colds, as well as to strengthen immunity, an aqueous infusion of pine buds is used. It also helps to cope with anemia and effectively relieves irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, so it can be used during diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Important! With the abuse of folk remedies based on pine cones, a headache and inflammation of the gastric mucosa can occur.
The algorithm for preparing an aqueous infusion of green pine buds is as follows:
- Rinse with 50 g of the main ingredient. Dry the cones slightly with a napkin, and then finely chop them with a knife.
- Fold the chopped mass into a small pan. Add 500 ml of boiling water.
- Cover the container. Allow the product to infuse in the shade at room temperature for 2 hours, and then strain it.
Such a decoction is consumed 100 ml 2-3 times a day until complete recovery.
As a liquid ingredient for a healing infusion of green cones, you can also use vodka or medical alcohol. The prepared drug has a warming effect on the body and relieves pain, therefore it is used for joint diseases and colds. In addition, the tool prevents the breakdown of brain cells and can be used to restore the body after a stroke.
Did you know? The largest cones grow on the Lambert pines, reaching a length of 60 cm. They also contain record-breaking large seeds (about 1.2 cm).
The recipe for alcohol tincture:
- Rinse under running water 10-12 small green cones. Cut each of them into small pieces.
- Fold the main ingredient in a clean and dry container. Add 500 ml of vodka or alcohol, shake the container well several times.
- Remove the tincture containers in a cool, dark place for 10 days. During this time, the mixture must be shaken daily to mix the ingredients.
- Filter the resulting product. Add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, mix.
This alcohol tincture is taken for 1 hour per day with tea. The course of treatment can last from 1 to 2 months, after which it is necessary to take a break for several days.
Another tasty and useful folk remedy from young coniferous buds, which you can do yourself at home, is syrup. It restores the body's strength during colds, helps fight anemia, soothes the nervous system, has an expectorant effect, and also has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive system.
The recipe for syrup from young pine buds is presented below:
- To clear the main ingredient of garbage, rinse it in water.
- Put the raw materials in a metal container, pour clean water (the liquid should be 3 times more than the cones).
- Put the pan on the fire, boil. Boil the mass over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the hot mixture from the stove by covering it with a lid. Leave it for 24 hours to insist.
- After a day, strain the mass, separating the broth from the cones.
- The resulting liquid is mixed with sugar in equal proportions. Put on the stove, boil.
- Boil the syrup on low heat for 2 hours. When it becomes crimson, remove the container from the stove. Pour hot liquid into a clean glass container, cool, put in the refrigerator.
Thus prepared syrup is recommended to take 1 dessert spoon daily with tea.
The folk remedies listed above from young pine buds are good for health, but if you have any abnormalities in the human body, you should definitely consult your doctor before using such a product. This will eliminate possible contraindications in which the use of such funds is prohibited.
- These include:
- kidney disease
- pregnancy (at any time);
- lactation period;
- age over 60;
- hepatitis and other liver diseases;
- allergic to the product;
- children's age up to 7 years;
- stomach ulcer.
How to store cones
If necessary, the green pine buds collected in spring can be stored until winter.In this case, you must adhere to such recommendations for the preparation and storage of raw materials:
- only whole cones are selected for storage, without damage;
- the collected raw materials are sorted, cleaned of garbage;
- peeled kidneys need to be slightly dried for 2-3 days in a warm and well-ventilated room away from sunlight;
- the dried product is transferred to a fabric bag or cardboard box, and then stored in a cool and dark place for up to 18 months.
Important! You can quickly dry the green pine buds in the oven. For this, the raw materials are laid out in a thin layer on a baking sheet and kept at a temperature of about + 40 ° C for 50 minutes.